For British Pie Week, we are sharing one of our sweet pie recipes for you to remake and enjoy for yourselves. Apple and blackberry pie is always a winner, especially when you bake it in the Emile Henry Pie Dish - it's curved edges add a feature to your masterpiece and it looks a dream on all dining tables.
You will need:
- 4 large cooking apples
- 100g blackberries
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp water
- 60g caster suagr
- 2 sheets of ready roll short crust pastry
1) Take your pastry out of the fridge and leave while you make the filling.
2) Peel, core and slice the apples into eighths and add to your saucepan with the water and lemon juice.
3) Heat on medium until the apples go soft, ensure you stir the apples regularly so they don't stick to the base.
4) Add the blackberries to the saucepan and stir gently. Remove your saucepan from the heat and leave the filling to cool.
5) Roll out one sheet of pastry and place into your Emile Henry Pie Dish. Gently, use your fingers to tuck the pastry into the corners and edges of the dish. Trim any excess that is over hanging the dish.
6) Pierce the bottom of your pastry with a fork in multiple places. Once the filling has cooled, pour into the pie dish.
7) The second sheet of pastry is for the lid of the pie, you can create this however you wish. We used a leaf cutter to make the pattern on the lid of our pie. Cut out as many leaves as possible from the sheet of pastry and layer them accordingly on top of the filling, ensuring it is attached to the sides of the pie.
8) Brush the top with milk and bake for 25-35 minutes.
Tag us in your pie pictures on Instagram using @ilovehaus