Spring calls for home cooked, quick and easy dishes - we have the perfect one just for you! This indulgent recipe will satisfy your taste buds and it contains essential ingredients that everyone has in the kitchen, so there's no need to worry about popping to the shop to grab the long list of components.
You will need:
- Roughly 8-10 medium potatoes
- 500ml milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 100g mature chedder cheese
1) Preheat your oven to 220°C.
2) Peel your potatoes and cut into thin slices.
3) In a saucepan, melt the butter on a medium heat. Once it has completely melted, stir in the flour, salt and pepper until combined.
4) Measure out your milk and add gradually, stirring while adding. Bring to the boil and continue to stir while it begins to thicken.
5) Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheese until it has completely melted.
6) In your Emile Henry Oven Dish, place your first layer of potato slices then add a layer of the sauce. Repeat this until you have reached the top.
7) Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour. Uncover and add an extra handful of grated cheese to the top, then bake for a further 30 minutes.