Refreshing, light and tasty - the perfect snack or dessert after dinnertime. It’s mixture of refreshing ingredients creates a moist, fresh cake which is pleasing and not too heavy on the stomach.
Escape from the chaos outside, pop on your favourite tunes and bake until your hearts content. We hope you enjoy as much as we did and hopefully it lasts a little longer in your household (it was gone in 1 day in ours!)
You will need for the cake:
- 160ml vegetable oil
- 350g plain yoghurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 300g self raising flour
- 220g caster sugar
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 x loaf tins
For the syrup, you will need:
- 30g honey and extra for brushing
- 75g plain yoghurt
- 180g icing sugar
1) In a mixing bowl, add the vegetable oil, plain yoghurt, eggs and vanilla extract, then mix.
2) Add the lemon juice and sieve in the flour, sugar, bicarb and cinnamon. Whisk together until well combined.
3) Pour mixture into the 2 loaf tins until 3/4 full, bake for 30 minutes.
4) Remove from loaf tins, then allow to cool. Pierce holes in the loaf using a skewer, and drizzle honey over the holes then brush with extra.
5) In a mixing bowl, add the honey, yoghurt and icing sugar, fold until combined.
6) Drizzle the syrup over the loaf and let it sink in before serving.
You can visit our Instagram IGTV @ilovehaus to watch the tutorial of how to bake this cake!