Celebrating national vegetarian week in style with this decadent recipe - the veggie filo pie. Each vegetable adds a whole new level of depth of flavour. The soft, delicately cooked vegetables paired with the crisp, crunch of the filo pastry creates an explosion of sensation. Requiring little amount of ingredients and effort, but not sacrificing in taste.
You will need:
- 6-8 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion
- 1 broccoli
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 punnet of button mushrooms
- 2tbsp cous cous
- 1 Courgette
- Cheese of your choice
1) Chop all vegetables into slices with your Wusthof Classic paring knife. Note: you can use any vegetables you like, these were just our favourites!
2) Heat 2tbsp oil in your SCANPAN CTX frying pan, then add all of your cut vegetables, as well as salt, pepper and cous cous. Lightly fry for 5-10 minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3) Meanwhile, crack and mix your eggs in a bowl and add the parsley.
4) Once the veg is cool, add the egg mixture and grate your desired amount of cheese on top.
5) Unroll filo pastry sheets, brushing the first with oil then adding on top of your vegetables, scrunching as you add. Brush a little oil over each piece after it is in the frying pan as well. Repeat this until you have a few layers on top of each other.
6) Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes at 200°C, or until it looks golden brown.
You can find the video of how to make this dish over on our @ilovehaus Instagram IGTV!